I started contributing to an organisation called All Walks Beyond the Catwalk, out of my growing frustration with the fashion industry propagating unattainable beauty ideals, and consequently creating body insecurities and low self-esteem. All Walks was founded by Caryn Franklin, Debra Bourne, and Erin O'Connor in 2009, and aims to promote diversity in fashion, through campaigns with influential designers and creatives, and through education.
All Walks looks to raise awareness of how hyper-sexualised imagery, selling post-production falsehoods, and the lack of diversity in fashion effects women and limits creativity.
- Blog about about documentary film Miss Representation, which explores the lack of female role models in the media, and the damage that only finding value in our bodies has on young women.
- Blog about the current hysteria over mannequins.
- Blog about Clothes Show Live Photographer of the Year runner up Becky Long.
- Interview with casting director Sarah Bunter, on casting culture and her drive for diversity.
- Interview with icon Bethann Hardison about racism in the fashion industry.
- Interview young British design talent Sadie Clayton.
- Rick Owens runway show review
- i-D Diversity NOW! Pop-up studio coverage
Visit All Walks for more information.